MARYLAND MEDICAL CANNABIS PROGRAM PROPOSED IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE
The Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission envisions the proposed Medical Cannabis Program will be implemented as follows.
June 26 30-day period begins for public comment on proposed regulations in the Maryland Register.
July 27 Public comment period ends.
- Anticipated adoption of Maryland Medical Cannabis Regulations.
- Applications (and instructions) for Growers, Processors and Dispensaries are posted to the Commission website.
- Stage 1 application period begins.
Mid-October - November
- Stage 1 application period closes for Grower, Processor and Dispensary Applications.
-Registry for Physicians is available.
2016 TIMELINE TO BE DETERMINED (11/12/15)
- Review of Stage 1 applications is completed and license pre-approvals announced by the Commission.
- Registries for Patients and Caregivers are available.
Stage 1 Awardees: Each applicant issued a Stage 1 license approval has 365 days to complete all necessary steps to obtain a license and to request final inspection by the Commission.
Steps to be completed could include raising capital, acquiring real estate, securing local zoning approvals, construction of premises, installation of all equipment and systems, and hiring and training of staff.
The Commission will conduct Stage 2 reviews and final inspection on a rolling basis as Stage 1 awardees complete the required preparations for obtaining a license.
The Commission anticipates medical cannabis could become available to patients in the second half of 2016.