Register as a Hospice Patient
Register to become a medical cannabis hospice patient in Maryland
What you will need:
- A valid, accessible email account.
- Full 9-digit social security number.
- An electronic copy of a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Proof that applicant lives in Maryland.
- A letter from the attending hospice physician indicating the hospice care.
(All documents must be dated within the past 90 days)
Accepted forms of identification:
- Driver's license
- State issued photo identification card
- Military ID (both front and back)
- US Passport
If the identification you provide is not Maryland driver's license or MVA ID card or does not identify your current address, you must also provide two of the following documents as proof of your current Maryland address:
Note: documents must include the applicant's name and address. Documents may not be from the same two agencies. (i.e. TWO documents issued by MVA).
- MVA registration card or title
- MVA change of address card
- Utility, telephone or cable/satellite TV bill
- Bank account statement
- Property tax bill
- Mortgage statement or proof of home ownership (deed, title, bill of sale)
- Major credit card statement (Visa, MasterCard, Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Residential rental contract (lease or rental contract between landlord and tenant which includes all signatures)
- Selective Service card
- Federal, State, Local Government mail issued by the State of Maryland (ie. Social Security, Social Services)
- Car insurance policy
- Paystubs (dated within 90 days)
- W-2 statements
- State of Maryland health insurance issued documents (ie. Medicaid, Medicare, Maryland Health Connection)
All documents must be dated within the past 90 days.
Patients in hospice care can submit a letter from the attending hospice physician indicating the hospice care. The letter must be from the Attending of Hospice Record (AOHR) physician on hospice letterhead stating that the patient is a hospice patient under hsi or her care. It may be uploaded in either .jpg or .pdf format.
Hospice Patient ID Card Fee Waiver
In order to receive the ID card fee waiver, you must fill out the online patient registration form and provide the following documentation:
- Complete and submit an online application. Visit the MMCC registry (OneStop Portal) and select Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
- Verify your email address. As soon as you have completed and submitted an online applicaiton form, a verification email will be sent to the email address you provided on your application, You must click the verification link in the email message to verify your email account. Withour performing this step, your application is not complete and will not be reviewed by the MMCC.
- Completed applications will be reviewed by MMCC and you will receive a follow up email advising whether or not your application has been approved. Please retain the approval email for your records. It contain your username, which you will need to log into the patient registry (OneStop Portal), as well as your MMCC patient ID number, which your registered provider will need to issue your written certification for medical cannabis. Once you have a written certification, you will also need to provide your patient ID number when visiting a licensed dispensary to purchase medical cannabis.
- Optional: designate a caregiver. Once your application has been approved, you can log into the patient registry (OneStop portal) to access your account and designate a caregiver (on the add/remove caregiver tab). Please note that the caregiver must be registered (submitted an application and received MMCC approval) prior to being designated.