Linthicum, MD (January 29, 2018) - The Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission and the Maryland Department of Agriculture have collaborated . on efforts to provide this guidance document for licensed dispensaries opting to sell medical cannabis "deli-style" to registered patients.
Deli-Style sale defined as: 'Over the counter transaction between a licensed dispensary and a registered patient or caregiver involving determinations of quantity; a direct sale where the buyer and seller are both present.
Deli-style sales to Medical Cannabis patients in Maryland must adhere to these guidelines. This Bulletin does not change, remove or replace any existing regulations under COMAR 10.62
- The Dispensary must develop a written Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) specifically addressing all aspects of Deli-Style sales including, but not limited to, product reception, patient selection methods of product, product weighing, location, labeling and repackaging in accordance with this bulletin and COMAR 10.62 regulations.
- Scales and equipment must adhere to the Department of Agriculture "Guidelines for Purchasing a Scale to be used in Direct Sale Applications". This document provides all necessary information required for compliance with the Code of Maryland Regulations. The document, included as an attachment to this bulletin, can be downloaded from the MMCC website (www.mmcc.maryland.gov) under the Helpful Forms tab.
- Equipment must be sanitized and maintained in accordance with COMAR 10.62.28.05
- Dispensaries will note the requirements of Dept. of Agriculture # 3 and COMAR 10.62.29.01 F need to occur simultaneously. Appropriate location, security and records will need to be maintained throughout the selection, repackaging and dispensing of the individual transactions.
- Final product packaging must meet all requirement in COMAR 10.62.24 and 10.62.29.
- All Dispensaries must remain in compliance with all regulations in COMAR 10.62.
PRIOR TO INITIATING DELI-STYLE SALES DISPENSARIES MUST OBTAIN A REVIEW AND WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM THE MARYLAND MEDICAL CANNABIS COMMISSION.
The MMCC will conduct an onsite review to Assure all requirements in the "Guidelines for Purchasing a Scale to be used in Direct Sale Applications" are met.
Assure all above requirements in the MMCC bulletin are met.
Perform a review of the intended work space and equipment for Deli-Style sales.
Observe a complete deli--style transaction.
Provide written certification and approval of the MMCC to offer deli-style sales.