What is the process to Register as a Provider?
Provider registration is an online process. The application form must be completed and submitted in one session; you will not be able to save and complete the application at a later time.
- Gather the required information. To complete the online registration form for Provider, you will need:
Complete and submit an online application. Visit the MMCC registry (OneStop Portal), click Create Account under the Provider heading, then complete and submit the application form that displays.
- A valid, accessible email account that you are comfortable using in relation to your Maryland Medical Cannabis account. The Commission will use this email address as the principal means of communication with you regarding your account and its status.
- Your Maryland Board of Physicians License Number (available from the Maryland Board of Physicians; Maryland Board of Dental Examiners, Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners, or Maryland Board of Nursing)
- NOTE: If you are a physician assistant, you must also provide the license number of your primary supervising physician.
- Your Controlled Dangerous Substances Registration Number (available from the Office of Controlled Substances Administration)
Verify your email address. As soon as you have completed and submitted the online application, a verification email will be sent to the email address you provided on your application. You must click the verification link in the email message to verify your email account. Without performing this step, your application is not complete.
Once your email account has been verified, you will receive a follow up email confirming your registration with the Commission. Please retain the confirmation email for your records. It contains the Username you created during registration, which you will need to log into the Provider registry (OneStop Portal), as well as your MMCC Provider ID Number.
Once your registration has been confirmed, you can log into the Provider registry (OneStop Portal) to access your account and issue written certifications to patients registered with MMCC.
Your initial registration is valid for two years or until your Maryland Board license expires, whichever comes first. Prior to that expiration, you will be notified via email by MMCC that your expiration date is approaching. You will need to renew your Maryland Board license first, then subsequently log into the Physician registry (OneStop Portal) to renew your MMCC registration. Renewal registrations are valid for two years and the expiration will coincide with your Maryland Board license expiration date.